- We were both born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio by our Father who was a self-employed musician, and our mother who was a music educator. Cleveland is a big part of our musical foundation in soul, hip hop, funk, RnB, gospel, and jazz. We attended Cleveland School of the Arts through middle and high school where we ran a trio and accompanied the school’s concerts, musical promotions, and fundraisers before abruptly moving to Phoenix at the beginning of 2005.
What inspires you to keep making music?
- Considering the environment our parents provided growing up we got an early start at falling in love with music. At the end of the day we’ve been making music together before we ever thought it would be our careers. There’s something spiritual we tap into individually and collectively when we make music that we both feel is bigger than us. That’s what keeps us going.
Do you get nervous on stage?
- interestingly enough we have done so many shows, events, festivals, and concerts through our journey as artists and side men that we don’t experience nervousness anymore. It’s more like an adrenaline rush of energy before a packed show or an important opportunity that gives you the fuel and power to be at your best at curtain call.
If you had to pick one artist in the industry to work with who would it be and why?
- honestly, we want to work with everybody that wants to work with us. You’d be surprised who can bring what out of you as an artist and or producer when given the chance to work together. But without question, the legendary music mogul we want to meet and work with is Quincy Jones.
What project are you currently working on and what can the fans look forward to?
- We just signed a distribution deal with AWAL through the summer and are finishing up our sophomore album “Gaines Brothers No Questions No Doubt” . We shot a music video for our title track “Vibin’” and will be releasing it 4th quarter of 2022. We will be following up the single with a plethora of monthly releases and exclusive content for our loyal fans.
How many hours do you spend in the studio?
- the time we spend in the studio varies. It usually depends on the contract we’re working on or what project we need to complete. We have quarterly sessions to knock out yearly company goals we set for ourselves as content creators. When we’re locked in we can spend up to 15 – 20 hours a day in the studio for a few weeks at a time.